Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Oil-Free Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing

I love to experiment with oil-free dressings. Since I had a HUGE container of organic strawberries, I thought I'd make a spinach and kale salad tonight with a fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing. I took a little taste, and it's going to be divine! Can't wait for dinner!

1 1/2 cups of fresh, organic strawberries
1/4 cup raspberry balsamic vinegar
1 t. dijon mustard
2 t. chia seeds
2 t. sweetener (I used agave)

Blend in a high speed blender until the chia seeds are pulverized. Chill before serving.

3 comments:

  1. This is really delicious! You had just "a little taste"? You have much more restraint that I do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sydney! I usually don't have a lot of restraint, but I haven't developed a salad dressing addiction yet! LOL!

      Delete
    2. I was thinking that there are all kinds of berries that can be used in this dressing: cherries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries. We can even use fruits like papaya, peaches, apricots or even pineapple. Ann Esselstyn commented that the hardest oil-free. plant based recipe to find is a salad dressing, and I agree. This is great because the chia makes it thicker and I don't miss the oil. Thanks for this.

      Delete