Monday, February 1, 2016

Layered Mexican Casserole

I wanted to make a Mexican dish this week and opted for an adapted version of Jeanne Schumacher's Mexican Lasagna. Since we have a homemade Salsa Fresca recipe that we love, we opted to use that throughout the casserole. Also, I chose to use black beans and pinto beans because those are our favorites in a Mexican dish. Instead of the corn salsa, I did go ahead and use a bag of frozen, organic corn (which I mixed with cumin, chili powder, and about 1/4 cup of my salsa). For the "greens" layer, I just used organic baby spinach. In addition, I wanted to top the casserole with some of Del Sroufe's tofu sour cream (1 chilled container of Mori-Nu Lite silken tofu, 1 T red wine vinegar, and 1 T. lemon juice blended until smooth) mixed with about 3 T. of my salsa and also some of our Cashew Queso, which is a family-and-friends favorite! OH-EM-GEE! This dish was fabulous and EASY!!! This will be our dinner for the next 2-3 nights, and I'm OK with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment