Thursday, February 25, 2016

Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding

1 small jar
1/4 cup chia seeds
3 T. cocoa powder
dash of sea salt
1 cup plant-based milk (I used soy)
3 Medjool dates (or 1 T. date syrup)

NOTE: If you use date syrup, you don't have to do any blending.

In a small jar, add the chia seeds, cocoa powder, and salt. In a blender (smaller the better), combine the milk and dates and blend until smooth. Add to the dry ingredients. Put the top on the jar and shake really well. Store in fridge overnight and eat the next day

6 comments:

  1. Yum! Would this serve 1 person for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on how many calories you eat per meal. I don't count calories, but this whole recipe contains about 525 calories.

      Delete
  2. Making this tomorrow! I meant to ask, do I blend the chia etc. with the date milk? Or just stir to combine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on you. I like the texture of chia seeds, so I just pour the wet into the dry. If you don't like the texture, you could blend them.

      Delete