Tuesday, September 29, 2015

TC in a B (Throw Crap in a Bowl) - Mexican Style!

Most of you are familiar with our family favorite dinner called TC in a B (stands for Throw Crap in a Bowl!). Tonight, I put together some previously made and batched-cooked food with some cauliflower that *needed* to be cooked!

Last weekend, I batch cooked and froze packages of brown rice. For tonight's dinner, I simply defrosted the bag and added lime juice and chopped cilantro to it.

We also made our Salsa Fresca this past weekend, so we'll us that.

Then, I cracked open a can of salt-free black bean (rinsed and drained them) and chopped two tomatoes.

Getting all of that rounded up took me about 10 minutes.

Then, I chopped my cauliflower into bit-sized pieces, added it to my pressure cooker with 2 T of taco seasoning, 1 T of whole wheat flour, and 1/2 cup of water. I pressure cooked it for 0 minutes (that's right ZERO--don't set any time, just press the start button) with quick release.

When hubby got back from his run, we assembled our bowls and ate! I added a few sliced black olives and hubby added Cholula. BE CREATIVE! Come up with your own TC in a B!

4 comments:

  1. Looks yum! I never have cooked cauliflower with taco seasoning before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved it!! Try it sometime, and let me know what you think. Have you ever tried the cauliflower taco "meat" Recipe? Got to the Mexican section and check it out. It's awesome!!!

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Thank you for posting simple ideas for meals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gira...You are VERY welcome! Let me know if you try any of the recipes and what you think of them. :-)

      Delete