Sunday, May 3, 2015

Salsa Fresca

Makes 1-quart jar

Two 14-oz cans of fire-roasted organic diced tomatoes (salt-free if desired)
½ small organic sweet onion, chopped into quarters
2 cloves of garlic
1 jalapeno, seeded (leave a few seeds if you want it spicy!) OR 1 T. chili in adobo sauce (for a smoky spicy flavor!)
1 T agave, maple syrup, or date syrup
½ t salt
1 t cumin
medium handful of Cilantro - no big stems
juice from one lime

Put all ingredients in the blender EXCEPT the tomatoes. run on low until everything is chopped well. Then, add the tomatoes and PULSE a few times until the desired consistency is achieved. DO NOT blend.

NOTE: This Salsa Fresca CAN be made salt and sweetener-free, if desired. It will taste different, but if you are already SOS-free, you will like it regardless!

9 comments:

  1. I am eager to try this now that all the garden tomatoes are used up. We love homemade salsas on our salads, potatoes, and to liven up our chili. Been perusing your site for an hour now! Your recipes all look amazing and you have done an excellent job with this blog. I teach Nutritarian classes (based on Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live), and having a blast helping people arrest and reverse disease through dietary and lifestyle changes. I will add your blog to my handouts, you will definitely inspire these awesome ladies. Thank you for all your hard work, I know what a labor of love this is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherri! You will LOVE the Salsa Fresca. We make it weekly!

      Delete
  2. I keep a jar of this salsa in my fridge. It’s my lunchtime salad dressing. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!
    Thank you so much. I love this salsa more than any that I have ever bought, or had in a restaurant. Fantastic. Found out about it from the lovely Heather Goodwin.
    Thanks for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This salsa looks amazing! If I am using dates instead of date sugar, how much of the dates would you recommend? Do you think 1 date will be enough?
    Thanks again for all the wonderful recipes!
    -Patty from Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would try one, taste it and see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the quick response...i'll give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This article presents clea idea in favor of
    thee new visitors oof blogging, that truly how to do blogging annd site-building.

    ReplyDelete