Sunday, May 3, 2015

Mexican Cashew Ranch Dressing

I try not to buy store-bought salad dressing whenever possible, and I like to experiment with making my own dressings. Since tonight we are having a Mexican meal, I decided to make a big salad with Mexican Cashew Ranch Dressing. I tweaked it a bit tonight, and it's delightful! This recipe makes enough for 4 salad servings.

1/2 cup cashews, soaked in cold water for at least 2 hours (IF you don't have a high-speed blender)
1 T. apple cider vinegar
1/4 t. dried dill
1/2 t. dried oregano
1/8-1/4 t. sea salt (to taste)
1 clove of garlic
1/4-1/2 cup water (to desired thickness)
1/2 cup oil-free salsa
Cholula sauce or other red pepper sauce (add some drops to make the dressing spicier if desired)

Drain cashews. Add cashews and all other ingredients to high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Chill before serving.

1 comment:

  1. I made this dressing today and it is wonderful. It's a nice, creamy dressing that really hit my spot. I was doubtful of the salsa, but it mellows out VERY nicely in this recipe. A winner !!!!

    ReplyDelete