Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, July 12, 2013

Woo Hoo! Cholesterol Levels Dropping!

In all the years I have been married (more than 23!), my skinny husband has always struggled with his cholesterol levels. I think his very lowest reading was a 190, but most were over 200. Also, both of his parents have struggled with high cholesterol--even though they are both thin. Somehow, I equate high cholesterol to overweight people, but this is not always the case.

Many diseases (high cholesterol, Type 2 diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, and even cancer) may be in the genes. However, studies are showing that many diseases are onset by a person's diet. As you know, I am reversing my diabetes with a whole foods, plant-based diet. I no longer take meds to control my blood sugar. But can this work for other illnesses? YES!

This morning, my husband got the results of his cholesterol test. We've been eating a plant-strong diet for 13 months now. His cholesterol was a whopping 40 points lower than his lowest reading! This is an incredible drop for someone who has worked so hard through the years (with diet and exercise) to improve this score. We thought we were eating "right" and yet, he never saw a change.

Looking back, it all makes sense. We were not on the right track and didn't have the information we needed to make real change in our health.

I'm not into exercise AT ALL, but to celebrate, I rode my bike four miles this morning. You KNOW this has got to be good news. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful! I hope more people can see this!

    ReplyDelete